Smith Mountain Lake Public Policy
With over 700 members, the SML Chamber provides information, support and advocacy for the region’s growing business community. We service a three-county area consisting of Bedford, Franklin and Pittsylvania counties. The Chamber also operates the state-certified Visitor's Center at Smith Mountain Lake. Our goal is to expand business and tourism in the region.
SMLRCC spearheads the business community’s involvement in public policy issues. State and local issues directly impacting the Lake region’s economic vitality are the focal point of the organization’s government affairs agenda.
Legislative Websites & Resources
- Franklin County: http://www.franklincountyva.org
- Bedford County: http://www.bedfordcountyva.gov
- Pittsylvania County: https://www.pittsylvaniacountyva.gov
- Virginia General Assembly: http://virginiageneralassembly.gov/
- Office of the Governor: http://www.governor.virginia.gov
- State Agencies: http://www.virginia.gov
Federal Government/Regional Commissions & Coalitions